Friday, September 11, 2009

Patriot's Day: 11 Sept 2009

HONORING PATRIOT'S DAY!!!


It's unexplainable but I'm feeling VERY patriotic today!! Along with this patriotism is also my "Miller emotions"!!

Example...as I was getting ready for the day I turned on my BOSE to 101.5 The Eagle & they were playing "Where Were You (When The World Stop Turning)" by Alan Jackson!! My eyes teared up!! Something came over me & I flashed back to that day 8 years ago...I was getting ready for work & watching FOX13 morning news when they showed the footage!! I couldn't wrap my mind around what was happening!! I thought they were previewing a new movie or something, but as I kept watching it began to sink in that this had/was actually happening!! When I got into work, my Uncle Norm & Cousin Kacy were trying to get Norm's little black/white 5" portable TV to tune in to ANY channel so we could watch the news updates, etc!! Throughout the day I kept telling myself "this isn't really happening!!"

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!


After hearing "Where Were You" I continued listening to The Eagle hoping I'd hear my ALL-TIME FAVORITE Patriotic song "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood!! I didn't hear it & while I was sitting at work I HAD to download it from iTunes (TGIMiPhone!!!). I've already listened to it 4 times!!

Along with my "flashbacks" to times past I am also thinking about those that I know that have/are serving in the Armed Services of this Blessed Country!! I know I don't say it much, but I'm SOOO grateful to these fine men & women that are putting their lives on the line EVERYDAY to protect "our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children" (BOM: Alma 46:12)

LYB!!!!!

1 comment:

Kuulei and Nick said...

Good scripture reference, go US troops!