Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mother's Mucinous Cystadenoma

The Family's had some "fun" (to say the least) medical adventures lately!! The one I'm posting about today is in regards to my AMAZING Mother!!

Mother has been in a great deal of pain over the last month or so...it's hard to tell exactly how long because Mother does not reveal to anyone when she's suffering!! A quality I wish she didn't have!!! Anywho...it was discovered a couple weeks ago that Mother had a mucinous cystadenoma growing inside her!! (Thanks Dr Nick for the medical terminology!!!!)

On Tues, Aug 11th Mother went in for surgery!! When she came out the doctor told her that the cyst that was removed weighed the size of a small watermelon...a whopping 12-lbs!! YES...you heard correctly...TWELVE POUNDS!!! Can you believe it?!?!

We are VERY blessed in the fact that the cyst was tested & the results of the test showed that it was benign...NO CANCER!! PHEW!!!!


{Mother's X-Ray}


{Mother's Cyst Identified}


Mother is now at home recovering!!! She should be having a follow-up visit & supposedly the doctor took pics of the cyst. This being said, there just might be an upcoming posting with "sick pics"...if you know what I mean?!?!

Thank you SOOOO much to ALL my Friends & Family for your LOVE & concern for not only me but my Family!! Words will NEVER express my appreciate for your support!!!


LYB!!!!!

1 comment:

Kuulei and Nick said...

I am glad it was a mucinous cystadenoma rather than a mucinous cystadenocarcinoma! I hope she is bench pressing 350 lbs. and running circles around you now. LYB!