Tuesday, April 20, 2010

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Worth It!!!!!!!

So...this year I decided to spend some of my tax return on myself!! Wait...I ALWAYS spend it on myself!!! Anyhow, I justified this purchase by getting something to help me lose weight & get in shape!!! And anyone who knows me knows that I'm a procrastinater & therefore you know that I've been puttin off using this item for it's original purpose!!

Not that I haven't been getting good use out of it, I just haven't been using it for the original reason. I know the anxiety is must be killing y'all so I'll just tell you what it is...I bought this...




I've been procrastinating by playing this...




...and this...



...with my Sista, Brotha, Chilens & Pappy!!! YES...I SAID PAPPY!!!!!!

And now...to reveal the "justification" that I used to make this purchase is and the reason for the title of this post...


Now a little background as to why I decided to start using "Active" this week...

1) Since the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays I've been putting a LOT of the weight I lost the prior year back on. I haven't been feeling very well & haven't been fitting into my clothes as well as I'd like.
2) Last week I broke the back of my office chair as I leaned back to relax & I also broke a piece of my car seat.
3) This last Saturday my ward was doing a service project & I was working in the yard of one of our AMAZZZING members. We had just cut up & loaded onto a trailer a GIANT tree from their backyard. We still had some time before we were supposed to meet back at the church for lunch so we started doing some general yard work. Moving the tree wasn't incredibly strenuous but I had absolutely NO strength to do any more work!! I was TOTALLY depressed & wasn't feeling very well the rest of the day so I decided that I'm going to make a change!!!

Well...I've only used "Active" for that last two days, but I've come to realize that I'm EXTREMELY out of shape!!!! I've got parts of my body that hurt that I didn't know could hurt!! The workouts haven't felt very intense, but seriously...I CAN'T MOVE!!! And when I do...IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho...that's a little of what's new with Skoot!!!

I hope all is well with y'all!!!!!

LYB!!!!!

3 comments:

julie said...

I am so proud of you! I had a similar experience after having the baby. It is worth it but it takes a couple of months to REALLY believe that! You can do it!!!

Chelsey said...

Love you skoot! I know the same feeling. I started P90X and its kickin my butt! I'm proud of you (and miss you like crazy!)

The Wiseman Life said...

I just love you Skoot! Good for you!