Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Wright's Baby Shower_03032009!!

Over the past several months I've been dwelling WAY too much on the "things" that I don't have or have lost instead of appreciating the "things" that I do have. This last week I had a few experiences that brought this fact to my attention & helped me see the error of my ways!!

I'd like to share one such experience now!!

The last several semesters of my college "life" I had the WONDERFUL priveledge of "volunteering" at the Orem Institute of Religion & becoming good friends with the office staff!! I spent nearly every morning (& every evening) helping w/registration & what ever else they requested!! One of these staff members is a friend of mine that I made in one of my wards (Orem College 16th), StashaLee!! StashaLee & Doug met in our ward & were married in 2007. I've become good enough friends with these ladies (& Doug), that I was invited to a baby shower for Doug & StashaLee's boy that is due in the next 5 weeks!! Following are just some of the pictures from this occasion:

{MOST of the attendees}

{YES...I picked this out ALL BY MYSELF!!!!}

{A couple of the other gifts given/received}


The reason I post this as one of my "experiences" is because of the great LOVE & acceptance that I feel from these WONDERFUL Sisters by being included in this time-honored "female" tradition!! These AMAZING Sisters helped to keep me active & going strong during this period of my life!! I am FOREVER indebted to them!!!

LYB!!!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Ohhhh Skooters! You are such a sweetie! It really was a treat to have you come and celebrate this special occasion with us. We wouldn't have it any other way! Thanks for being who you are. This little baby is sure to love his UNCLE Skoot the same, IF NOT MORE than we do!

P.S. I showed my mom the little outfit you gave him and she was so excited and thought you were so sweet to do that! Thanks again!

Annie said...

Skoot!! It just seemed right that you were there! So fun to see you at the 'tute again. (But do me a favor and change the first picture -- surely there must have been a better one.) :) And don't forget what we talked about. :)