Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One Non-Stop Weekend!!!

There are two types of weekends that I LOVE!! The first is where you can sit around doing absolutely NOTHING...and feel good about it!! And the other is where you have SOOO much planned that you can hardly breathe!!! This last weekend was the latter!!

Babysitting (aka Kid Watching) Some of My Cousins

It all started Friday night when I got to spend the evening watching some of my cousin's kids...Darron & Heather's: Halle, Ava & Thomas and Ryan & Melanie's: Maxwell!!

It's been a LONG time since I've "watched" kids & it was fun getting to do it again!! One of the reasons I like spending time with kids is because I consider myself as having "Peter Pan Syndrome"!! One of these reasons is due to the unconditional LOVE that children have for others!! I wish I had this type of LOVE!! The reason I say this is because I haven't done much with any of these kids...even at family functions...and they welcomed me right in!! Here's a small example: Halle was SOOO helpful especially with Maxwell!! Maxwell is VERY shy & I didn't get to spend much time with him before Ryan left so I'm sure that added to his bashfulness!! Thank goodness for Halle!! She helped him feel welcome & helped to lighten the mood!! Gradually Maxwell came around & joined us for a little dinner!! After we finished dinner we made our way downstairs to the "toy" room. Halle had put "Cars" on the TV for Maxwell earlier so I just finished watching that while I also got to play with the kids a little!! Overall it was a very good night!!

Golfing at The Ranches w/Andy, Ryan & Rich

Earlier in the week my friend Andy called to see if I'd be available (and willing) to go golfing!! LUCKILY I hadn't had anything planned for Saturday yet so I agreed!! It doesn't take much twisting of my arm to get out to play golf...or to spend time with my friends!!! I was SOOO happy that I got to go...even if I didn't play well!! But let's be honest...when do I ever play good golf!!!



BYU-Utah Basketball Game w/The Landlord

Saturday morning JUST before heading to the golf course The Landlord sent me a text aksing what I'd be doing at 3pm that day!! I told him that I'd be on the "links" & he said that he had an extra ticket to the BYU-UofU basketball game!! I told him that I'd LOVE to go but it all depended on what time I got done golfing!! He said that that would be fine!! I wasn't expecting to be SOOO long at the golf course, but we didn't end up getting to the game until 25 seconds left in the first half!!! Which was fine...according to the Landlord...because BYU wasn't doing very well!! I must be a good luck charm for BYU cause they ended up "pulling it out" & beat the U by 13 points!!

Bowling at Miracle Bowl Before Dave F Leaves for PA

Jessica & Andrea planned a surprise dinner/gathering for Dave F who is heading back to PA to be with his family!! I have some of the AWESOMEST friends that think SOOOO much of others!! The reason I say this is because Jessica & Andrea sat at Iggy's for OVER an hour just to get a table big enough for the 16 friends of Dave's that ended up showing up!! After dinner at Iggy's we went bowling at the Miracle Bowl!! I LOVE bowling...even though like golf, I'm not all that good!!! But being with GRRRREAT friends makes up for the bad bowling!! Don't let the picture below fool you...Andrea & Matt REALLY did have a good time!!!

LYB!!!!!

1 comment:

Eliza and Fernando said...

I don't mean to be rude.. It's just that I have been meaning to read your blog, and the font is WAY too small. It's rather discouraging. Maybe you could enlarge it...?