Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Firsts of the Season!!!

This last weekend was one of "firsts" for the Summer season!! It started off with our first camping trip!!

Thursday night Spencer & I drove up Provo Canyon to check on last years camping spot above Hope Campground!! To our devastation the road to our site was still closed!! Therefore we tried to find another spot for Friday night. On our way down the Hope Campground road we stopped at a couple of spots that we thought might work & at one of the spots we spotted a new "friend"!! We aksed him to watch the spot for us in case we came back the next night!!


{Spencer & Our New "Friend"}

After a brief visit with our new friend we drove further up the canyon & thought we'd check out Wallsburg!! We found a PRIME spot but figured it was too far away & too hard to explain directions for a first camp of the year!! We're excited to use it later in the season (or in a week or so)!! ;0)

Since Wallsburg was soo far away we thought we'd check out Nunn's Park in Provo Canyon!! To our amazement the best spot (#10) in the park was still available so I arranged to get up early to reserve the spot Friday morning!! It was a FUN night with some new friendships made!! Hopefully we can get more & more throughout the year!!


{The Morning Fire & The Leftover Campers}

I've got to admit that one of my FAVORITIST parts of camping is the AMAZING breakfast that Spencer & I make!! Don't believe me...guess you'll just have to come & try it out!!!

One of the other fun parts about our camping trips is the game of Washers!! Soo addicting!! Again...you've gotta come to experience it!!!

The second first of this season was my first golf trip!! The Landlord & I hit up Cascade Fairways at the mouth of Provo Canyon!! I LOVE my first golf trips cause I tend to play a bit better than any other time of the year!!

There's another "first" coming up later this week & I'll post on it after Thursday!! SOOO EXCITED!!!!
LYB!!!!!

1 comment:

Jodi Lou said...

I'd have to be invited to be able to participate in the breakfast eating and game playing. :oP