Thursday, February 19, 2009

Way TOO Long!!! But It's Because...

...I've been having TOO much fun with my family!!!!

I have a confession to make...I make some of the BESTEST cookies...EVER!!! There's just something about 'em!! I can't explain it!! Those that have had them know what I mean...right Mel D-M?!?!
I can't take ALL the credit this time though, cause my Mother & Sister "chipped" in (ALL puns intended)!!!

{Yes...I'm ACTUALLY doing it...I PROMISE!!!}


{Gotta use the mini ice cream scope to get the perfect shape; How the family likes to eat the cookies!!}


{The finished product...YUMMMMMMM!!}

I LOVE helping people!! It just makes me feel good!! Even if it's something I've never done before...at least I can learn & I'll know how to do it (or at least look like I do) down the road sometime!! I'll admit...I can't do everything, but what I CAN do I'm VERY good at (see story above)!! I mean I'm NO mechanic or AC/Heating man (I rely on Uncle Rodney for pointers in those two departments...THANX Uncle Rod!!!!) One of my favorite ways to think of myself is..."a jack of all trades, but master of none!!" The reason I say this is because a couple of weekends ago when I was up at my parents my sister aksed me to help her put together a new bookshelf that she bought!! Check out my workings!!!!


Now for a little trip down memory lane...

Growing up we would frequent Grandma & Grandpa Miller's EVERY Sunday (or more)!! Back in the TV room there was often set up a card table with a puzzle-in-progress on it!! When I would sleep over...which was VERY OFTEN...I would help Grandma put the puzzles together!! Oh the memories!! Most of the puzzles were "landscapes"...they were BEAUTIFUL!!! Where did those puzzles end up?!?! I'm gonna have to track them down...SORRY...I digress!!! Anyhow...the other week I was up in Bountiful & saw some puzzles that Mother had bought for the kids & I was feeling in a "puzzle-making" mood!! As you can see from one of the pictures...I put ALL my focus into it!! Mother even came over to give me some help!!! LOVE YOU MOM!!!!



For Christmas the "Boyz" bought Father a game for Christmas that we used to play every year right around Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years/Super Bowl!! It's become a classic & as most things do...as worn out!! Well...Charlie & Haley found this EXACT game someplace while they were on their "second" honeymoon!! It's called "Electric Football"!! While I was putting the puzzle together the other weekend Father played this "treasure" of a game with Taylor & Rachel!!



I SURE do LOVE my family and ALL the wonderful memories we have!! As most families...we don't get along ALL the time & there's one or two members of the family that are just a little TOO competative...okay...VERY competative!! But without the competition...where would the fun be!!!


LYB!!!!!

No comments: