Monday, December 1, 2008

Turn! Turn! Turn!...to Everything There Is A Season!!!

WARNING...this is going to be a LOOOOOONG and BORING posting!!!!!!

As my "title" implies...there have been changes recently in my life!!
Now don't get me wrong...these changes aren't bad...in ANY way!!! They are just changes!! And as with ALL change...there needs to be adjustments!!! These adjustments aren't going to be easy!! But I look forward to the "new" adventures that await me!!!! And more especially...the new Friendships that I hope to gain from them!!!!! (Yes Foundations Ladies...I'm referring to YOU in particular!!!! LY!!!!)

So...here's what been happening to Skoot for the last few months!!!

For the last 8+ years I've been working for my uncle...I'll call him Norm!! Norm is a State Farm Insurance agent in Provo, UT. Working for my uncle has been GRRRREAT!! Over time Norm's staff has dwindled & for the last year it's just been he & I in the office!! It's been nice, but can get kinda lonely at times!!
In July, Norm decided that he was going to retire. When he informed me of this I was SHOCKED!!! I didn't know WHAT to think!!! I had planned on working with/for Norm for at LEAST another 10 or so years!! However, after Norm shared the following experience he had when he shared the "retirement" news with his children I was comforted (a little)...
When Norm informed his family of his decision to retire one of his children (I'll call him Darron J) asked him almost IMMEDIATELY..."can I have Skoot?!?!" When I heard this I was AWE STRUCK!!!!! I didn't realize that I had made such an impression on someone that I'd never worked with & had only seen a couple of times a year!!! Hearing this DEFINITELY helped me to accept/respect Norm's decision!!
Since the beginning of July I've been working for both Norm (in Provo) & Darron J (in AF; Darron J is an independent insurance agent & the name of his company is Foundations Insurance.) It's been GRRRREAT fun working for Darron J!! Particularly due to the AMAZING staff that Darron J has!! I'm SOOOO grateful to you ALL for your patience & LOVE!!!

There are MANY aspects of my current job that I'm going to miss!! One such aspect has to do with the ease of getting time off!! Whether it be for some kind of emergency or just to PLAY, it was SOO easy to just call my uncle (the same day mind you) and ask: "hey...can I go golfing/boating/4-wheeling today?!" THNX Unc!!!!
The second aspect I'm going to miss is time in the office ALL to myself!!!

Enough about work...now to the other "significant" change that has happened!! As you know I've been living in the same house ("The Party Pad") for the last 7+ years!! I've had MANY roommates...a few good, MANY bad!!! It's been GRRRREAT fun...dinners eating "Skootchiladas"...movies on "the wall"...and the INFAMOUS "Skoot Train"!! Oh how I'm going to miss those days!!! :'( :'( Well...as of Nov 1st I'm no longer at "The Party Pad"!! I know, I know...life will NEVER be the same, but it NEEDED to happen!!! LUCKILY I've recently made some new friends & they've opened their home to me!! I'd like to now introduce you to my "new" friends (& give them a little plug because I CAN!!!!)...Quinn, Britnee, Beckham & Avi!!! They are AMAZING!!! They own the flower shop next to my Provo office (Bloomers Floral...USE THEM!!!) I'm SOOO grateful to them for putting up with ALL my stuff!!! But MORE importantly...for opening their HOME & hearts to me!!! I don't know WHERE I'd be if it wasn't for them!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to miss "hosting" dinner/movie nights, but we'll just have to find someplace else to "play"!!!!

Now you know a little about what's happening with "the Skoot"!! Please continue to be patient with me as I adjust to these (& other) changes that I'm experiencing!!

I LOVE you all SOOOOO much!!!! Please remember...I'm here for you Babe!!!!!!

LYB!!!!!

3 comments:

Rob Dodenbier said...

Buck up buddy... Its always darker before it gets sunny again! And tell Fullmer he's a flikker for me!

Mrs. Wright said...

WOW Skooters!...another post so soon! IMPRESSIVE! Keep it up!

Leib Family said...

SKOOT!! It's so good to see you're still alive! You look great! Keep in touch! Miss ya!